The 2022 Equity & Justice Network Summer Institute is to provide rising juniors and senior from four Historically Black Colleges and Universities an intensive introduction to the scholarly opportunities at the School of Human Ecology at UW–Madison.
The Summer institute is part of the School of Human Ecology Equity & Justice Network, an initiative that supports the continued evolution of our school into a community wherein people with diverse backgrounds find success, share knowledge, and advance justice.
Airfare, a stipend, lodging, meals, and program costs will be covered for those accepted to the Summer Institute. Participating students will receive a graduate school application waiver to be used in 2022 or 2023 (applications to SoHE graduate programs [PDF] only).
In order to apply to the program, you must be nominated by a faculty member from UW–Madison School of Human Ecology or one of our partner institutions:
- Elizabeth City State University
- Johnson C. Smith University
- North Carolina A&T University
Deadline: February 7, 2022 at 11:59 p.m.
- Introduction to the School of Human Ecology graduate program and individual departments
- Department, research lab, and studio tours
- Graduate student meet & greet
- Developing a Research Statement
- Pathways to Excellence in Academic Careers
- Pathways to Excellence Outside the Academy
- Pathways to Excellence in Creating Your Own Career Path
- Field trips
- Living in Madison
- Capitol tour
- Research-related trips
- Graduate alumni networking