I began my career in retailing, working for Marshall Fields in Chicago. I moved to Denver where I flipped careers and began working as a convention meeting planner for a large publishing company. I then switched over to the vendor side of the business, working for the San Jose and Denver convention and visitors bureaus. After 10 years, I started my own business as a meeting planner for association customers and my company is now in its 25th year!
Why do you care about Human Ecology?
Human Ecology touches every single person, every day of their life. The importance of taking care of our families, our finances, selling to consumers and designing for a better world are more than just majors in our school, it’s how we influence and build a better world around us. The world is ever-changing and as human ecologists, we are paving the way!
What excites you about your roles as a member of the Dean’s Advisory Board?
I am most excited about being a brand ambassador for Human Ecology and helping with marketing efforts to promote the school. I also am excited about student internships.
Awards and Recognition
- Convention South Magazine, “Meeting Planners to Watch”
- Colorado Events Magazine, Hall of Fame award
- ConferenceDirect, President’s Hall of Fame award
- Member, Professional Convention Management Association
- Member, Meeting Professionals International
- BS, Environmental Textiles and Design '84, School of Human Ecology, University of Wisconsin–Madison