I am a PhD student in the Human Development & Family Studies program. I am a contemplative practitioner, mindfulness teacher, and researcher with a background in psychology and education. I am interested in promoting education as an environment where students can expand both cognitive and social-emotional skills that are fundamental for their integral development. Throughout my experience, I found contemplative practices, such as mindfulness and compassion, to be useful to develop those skills. I have expanded my work by developing and assessing contemplative-based intervention in schools, organizations, medical institutions, and community contexts.
Awards and Recognition
- Mobility fellowship to study the Winter Semester at Cardiff Metropolitan University in Wales, 2011
- Human Development & Family Studies
- PhD Human Ecology: Human Development & Family Studies
- MSc, Psychology of Education, University of Bristol (England)
- BA, Psychology, National Autonomous University of Mexico