“But I arise in the morning torn between a desire to improve the world and a desire to enjoy the world. This makes it hard to plan the day.”
I am a pediatrician working in the public interest. I blend the roles of physician, occasional children’s librarian, educator, public health professional, and child health advocate. I cherish and treasure the opportunity to take research, data, and expert opinion on child-and-family-facing topics and interpret, apply, and advocate for a better world for children and their families – and to teach others how to do the same, irrespective of their professional training or interests. It’s not about our silos; it’s about kids and the environments they inhabit – and dreaming of a world where each and every one of them thrive and flourish, no matter where or who they are.
Radesky J, Chassiakos YLR, Ameenuddin N, Navsaria D. Digital Advertising to Children Policy Statement. American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Communication and Media. Pediatrics 2020 Jul; 146(1): e20201681. Doi: 10.1542/peds.2020–1681.
Burton HL and Navsaria D. Evaluating the Effect of Reach Out and Read on Clinic Values, Attitudes, and Knowledge. WMJ 2019 Dec; 118(4):17181.
Doyle, S., Chavez, S., Cohen, S., and Morrison, S. Fostering Social and Emotional Health through Pediatric Primary Care: Common Threads to Transform Practice and Systems. Center for the Study of Social Policy, September 2019.
https://CSSP.org/resource/psp- program-analysis-report/. (Contributing author.)
Williams PG and Lerner MA. School Readiness Technical Report. American Academy of Pediatrics Council on Early Childhood and Council on School Health. Pediatrics Aug 2019, 144 (2) e20191766; DOI: 10.1542/peds.2019–1766 (Reviewing Author)
Hagan JH, Navsaria D. Maximizing Children’s Health: Screening, Anticipatory Guidance, and Counseling. Chapter in Nelson’s Pediatrics, 21st Edition. Elsevier, 2019.
- Human Development & Family Studies
- Associate Professor (CHS) of Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin School of Medicine and Public Health
- Medical Director, University of Wisconsin–Madison Physician Assistant Program Affiliate Faculty:
- UW Information School
- UW Department of Population Health Sciences
- Institute for Research on Poverty
- UW Teaching Academy
- MD, University of Illinois College of Medicine at Urbana, 2005
- Post-graduate Training in Pediatrics, University of Wisconsin Hosptial and Clinics, 2009
- MS in Library and Information Science, University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign, 2004
- MS in Physician Assistant Studies, The George Washington University, 1998
- MPH in Maternal-Child Health, Boston University, 1994
- BA in English and Biology, Boston University, 1990
Office: 4113 Nancy Nicholas Hall