I am interested in researching how and if the experiences of immigrant and refugee mothers and children differ based on their nationality and religion. I plan to explore this using access to healthcare and humanitarian support. My experience as a nonprofit program manager and in philanthropy has helped me understand the importance of involving community members in program planning, implementation, and evaluation. I want to learn to use Community Based Participatory Research to co-create programs that ensure inclusion and equity.
Awards and Recognition
- Public Health Recruitment Award, Northern Illinois University, 2019
- Civil Society & Community Studies
- PhD Human Ecology: Civil Society & Community Research
- MPH, Northern Illinois University
- BS, Child Development and Family Studies, Federal University of Agriculture Abeokuta