After 42 years at Crate & Barrel retail store, I retired in 2013 as Regional Vice President Store Operations. I have recruited students from the University of Wisconsin–Madison and have been a guest speaker for retailing students in design and merchandising. I opened a specialty food store in 2015 with my family in Brookline, MA.
Why do you care about Human Ecology?
Human Ecology encompasses all the life skills needed to make a difference in the world, in your life and with your family. Human Ecology gives you confidence and perspective.
What excites you about your role as a member of the Dean’s Advisory Board?
The work of the School of Human Ecology, and how it has evolved to be a thriving academic driving force looking forward to prepare students for their world ahead is inspiring. The relationships nurtured by Dean Shim, her team and the other members of the Advisory Network are teaching me another aspect of learning from dedicated individuals who want to contribute.
Awards and Recognition
- 2023 Helen Storrow Award, Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts
- 2017 Distinguished Alumni Award, School of Human Ecology
- Member, The Boston Club
- Board Member, Brookline Senior Center
- Chair, Girl Scouts of Eastern Massachusetts Women's Advisory Network
- President, Brookline Garden Club
- BS, Related Art '69, School of Human Ecology, University of Wisconsin–Madison